Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Summary

This long weekend is over and it was a pretty eventful one.

Friday evening we left for Montreal, Canada to meet Lauren, Lane, Jim and CP. I am just realizing the majority of the readers know this so I'll cut out that bullshit.

It was a five hour drive and I was surprised CP did it as often as he did, especially alone. I tried thinking of things I would do for five hours on the road. I couldn't think of anything fun.

Anyways, when we got to the outskirts of Montreal I saw the city skyline all lit up in the night. It wasn't very impressive I guess. It just looked like Boston's to me. I can only imagine a skyline being impressive if it had something impressive. I guess that's the best way to put it. Montreal had no Eiffel Tower or Statue of Liberty (although I guess you wouldn't consider that a part of the skyline). It was just an ordinary city skyline with a bunch of buildings with their lights on.

When we arrived it was midnight I think. I wasn't very tired because I was pretty excited to be somewhere new. When we met up with everyone we went to get some food. We when to some street that was full of clubs and assholes who littered the streets. I call them assholes only because they were different then me and I don't really even know if they were assholes. I just didn't like the scene. Techno beats blaring out of various clubs, drunks stumbling from here to there and long lines of chain smoking trendy people. Short skirts and popped collars basically.

We ended up at this place that was basically fast food but maybe a little better because they were actually cooking things. They handled the food pretty harshly with ungloved hands, spilling food and shoveling back onto their intended plates. They spoke to me in french which obviously threw me off a little bit. The lines were long so the cashier didn't have much patience in asking me three times about something I still don't even know what he was talking about. I just guessed yes on the 3rd time. First I assumed he wanted to know what drink I wanted and second I asked him What?

After leaving there I had a stomach from probably eating too fast and drinking sprite. It was this night I remembered one of the reasons I stopped drinking soda. Soda usually makes my stomach feel terribly bloated! It also didn't help I had to simply take a dump. Oh well. I told myself soda is taking a break again for a while.

We walked around Montreal until maybe 3am when we decided to go back to Lauren's apartment. I think it was three. Stayed up with Jim and Ryan until five playing Street Fighter then I fell asleep.

Saturday everyone went out for another walk around the city. Visiting places I don't care to remember. Not that they were bad experiences, I just don't remember what they were called or care if I knew them or not. Anyways, we visited a lot of shops and walked a lot just looking and talking and having a good time. Although I don't remember many names I really liked the city.

I know everyone probably thought the same thing but many of the women there were beautiful! Compared to our city anyways.

I'm peacing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment