Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Mundane

Hey readers whoever you may be, I'm sitting here at 12:30 with two kittens/cats (They're both happily making the transition into adolescent cats but they're still small enough to be called kittens) sleeping in my lap with an old episode of the Venture Brothers running in the background. I haven't posted anything in a little while and I'd like to so here I am doing just that.

Good News!
My mother is talking to Doe and myself again. Just as randomly as she got mad at us she was talking to me like nothing had ever happened. It's sort of weird but I guess it's always how my mother operates. My mom and I don't hug or kiss each other on the cheeks like I see happen a lot in other families. I don't really mind but it's weird when I have to hug and kiss any in-laws. Not that I don't want to do that little transaction but it is a bit out of the norm for me. Either way, she's not upset anymore and that's never a bad thing.

Today...
I had to train someone in the generally useless program I specialize in at work. This guy was of Hispanic descent I think and he clearly didn't care what I was talking about and I assume he'll be fired soon after he gets back to Texas and his company realizes he paid no attention to any of the training he received from me and my coworkers. I felt comfortable training him though, I think it's because he didn't care as much as I did. Or maybe it's because I'm getting less awkward when it comes to speaking with strangers. I hope it's the less awkward option.

Future
One of the major things I look forward to in the far future is moving out. Being able to live in a house without any restrictions other then my own seems so fun and new. I just wonder who will be involved and where we'll be. I'm sure it'll be fun and as ignorant as I'm being I can't see anything going wrong haha.

I know I don't have the voice or the annunciation skills, but being a voice actor would be sweet. I always have mini-fantasies of voice acting in something stupid. I'm not sure why. Personally I hear a lisp whenever I playback audio of myself. Everyone claims it's not there, but I hear it. I also mumble like it's my job. Often when I meet new people I have to repeat myself over and over. Only people who've known me for a while can really hear what I'm saying. When I talk to new people I also trail off into silence a lot about nothing in particular. Only some have called me out on it. Usually in a mocking manner but I don't kur. I'm not going anywhere with this.

I guess that's all I'm blabbering about tonight!

Canada this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I've never noticed a lisp or you mumbling. You would be a good cartoon voice it because you are crazy and your voice is extremely animated!

    ReplyDelete