Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Media

Movies
Just reading Geekologie and I Watch Stuff and I see an article "Matthew Perry is 17... Again!" so I clicked it and watched the trailer.

Like they basically say in the article, age-changing movies are stupid. It's a bad premise and I feel like there's never a believable, good explanation as to where the 'grown up' or 'child' version of themselves have gone. I wonder what Matthew Perry's story will be. If you didn't watch the trailer, Matthew Perry is going through the normal stuff that happens right before you turn back into a kid. Marriage/Family life is going down the tube, thinking about how you would have done things different, half-heartedly saying you wish you could do it all over again, getting sucked into a swirling vortex that transforms you into a child, the usual stuff.

Oh, Big! Big was a good movie.

I like Matthew Perry and I don't care who knows it! I think he's funny. So I assume he'd have a bigger part in this shitty movie. You know who plays Young Matthew Perry? That faggot, Zac Efron, from High School Music.
  1. There's no way Matt Perry looked that good when he was kid.
  2. He looked more like this:
I don't know Zac Efron, I don't know the quality of his work. What I do know, is he's in a movie called High School Musical. That has to be bad. That has to be bad.

I watched Knocked Up with Doe a couple days ago. It might be because I was working and not really watching the movie, but I was not impressed. It might also be because of other factors that I'm sure many are aware of, but I laughed a couple of times but for the most part it was just a movie. I wouldn't say I hated it, but you know. I have no interest in seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall for the same reasons. I did like Paul Rudd (He makes me want to see role models) and for some reason Jonah Hill is funny for some reason even though he seems like he'd be an a-hole in person. I think it's because he just talks about penises and other inappropriate things and it makes me laugh. The same way Natty laughs when I talk about dicks and other shit. We're so gay.

Speaking of gay, I got Fable II a couple nights ago and I'm having a blast. If you liked the first Fable, you'll definitely love this one. The game play is generally the same, some changes, the whole game is generally the same as the first but with upgrades.

More in Fable II
  • They have a more dynamic moral system (Good & Evil, Pure & Corrupt)

  • You get money from working as a job rather then doing quests like in the first game(Bartender, Blacksmith, Woodcutter, Assassin,Bounty Hunter and 'Civilian Displacement Agent' which means slave trader)

  • The world is Ten times the size of the world in Fable (so they say) and they have a saying "If you can see, you can explore it". For the most part this is true, but you can't expect everything
Moral
I'm still very not too deep into the game, but so far the decisions I chose to make have kept me neutral in terms of Good and Evil. I've helped out people I felt needed help and they were worthy in my eyes of deserving help, and I've killed people who I felt shouldn't have been doing what they were doing. Unintentionally, I'm neutral. I always like playing these kind of games like how I would react in real life to see how the game judges me.

In terms of corrupt and pure, I'm more pure then corrupt. I believe it's because I got married and I sleep in my home with my video game wife (I got married early in Fable II just like in RL!) and people in the city view that as good, who wouldn't. I own four homes and a various vendor stands. Three homes I rent out and the vendor stands all have their respective employee (each an individual identity), but I manage the prices. I could raise the rent or raise prices on either of these places but I would be seen as corrupt, lowering would make me seem more pure. That's not stopping me though, I just haven't felt the need to raise or lower prices yet. But I might raise prices because some stands make as little as 10 gold a sale, which others are making me 73. I'm going to have to fire someone. I don't know if it'd be firing them, or killing them.

Work
Not only am I making money from rent and my vendor stands, I took work as a blacksmith! I realize my adventure seems really mundane compared to what else I could be doing, fighting mythical beasts, using magic powers (I have time control and lightning powers at the moment), exploring the land, but I am having fun trying to make money and buy out this city. I wish it was this easy to make money in real life. I also wish I had time control powers and lightning powers in real life.

Even when I'm not playing, every five minutes I'm collecting income from tenants. Not sure if it works the same for my stands.

Story/The World
I can't say much about the story because I haven't been through much of it. What I have been through has been just as interesting as the first game. I'm glad the game is co-op but I haven't played my game much with a friend and if you know me, you know how much I hate exploring areas alone especially when ghosts do exist in this game. Also, if you remember Demon Doors, they still scare the shit out of them when I'm just walking down a path and all of a sudden a face bursts out of a wall screaming some cryptic message about whatever it wants. Also, I don't look forward to fighting Balverines.

There's more for me to find out about the awesome adventure of a game and in time I'll write more about it.

I should also add, people who are particularly keen on video games, but love a good story and whatever would like this game too since it isn't hard to play. pressing X is your only melee attack, Y is your only long ranged attack and B is your only magic attack. So you'll be hitting one button in combat more often then not. It's still fun for some reason though, especially with cool slow motion death scenes sometimes.


Music
So off of a friends myspace I heard this band Ratatat. I don't know if anyone has heard of them. I know I haven't and I find that a lot of times I find out about bands sort of late in the game. Anyways, these guys are sort of techno, hip-hop. Their songs vary a lot, but I really enjoy the synth. Their music reminds me of The Postal Service except there is rarely a singer. I'm liking it more because it doesn't have any vocals. When there are vocals it's usually someone different from the last time.

It's also incredibly soothing and something really good to listen to when doing work. When it's good for me. I imagine I'd like driving to it.

Thanks friend, for letting me hear this.

Some songs by them Brulee, Cherry and Lapland is where it's at.

Misc
When I think about moving out I think about getting a nice TV for our living room. Nothing like a movie screen, but a good size screen. I find a lot of them on Woot and they're really cheap. I think I saw a some LCD screen for 129.99. That's not bad to me.

Well I'm ending another media post.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting on my blog. =]
    I gotta say, HSM is a pretty awful movie. The actors aren't very experianced at all.
    As for "Knocked Up", I haven't seen it, but the ads look pretty moronic. :/ Seth Rogan is pretty funny at times, like "Pineapple Express" was drop dead hilarious. =] Then again I laugh at pretty stupid things. x3
    Ah, music is my obsession. ^^ I've got a hell of a lot of ipod suggestions if you're interested. =] the kitty in your icon is adorable!! ^^

    ReplyDelete