Friday, September 19, 2008

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday!

It's also 4:20 at the time I'm started to type this post up, but it'll be well past this time when I actually post the document.

A couple things that I'm going to start off with.
1.Yes, I'm at work, yes I have work to do. But right now my work is dependant on someone else responding to me about certain files so I have a bit of downtime.

2.I hate the phrase "Happy Friday" and I hate when people say it. I don't hate it, but I don't like it. It seems to bring too much importance to a normal day. It makes the people who say it even more mundane then they probably already are. (No offense to any co-workers who may read this and say it. You can't disagree. You can, but you shouldn't.)

So as I've stated before my cats get to be free around the house. It's really nice being greeting by three little faces when I come home and each one of the cats looking for some sort of affection from me. My favorite part is bed time when the cats are usually at the peak of their craziness. They're chasing each other, running around, and attacking our feat as they shift under the bed covers. Their craziness isn't my favorite part, I meant the part after the craziness when they're all tired. Noa I believe sleeps under our bed for some reason and Konrad likes to sleep either between Doe and myself or right on top of me. Doe has been opening a draw just for Bradley that he likes to curl up in a ball in. Last night actually, Bradley was curled up in his open drawer and Konrad poked his head in to see what the deal was. At this moment, Bradley put one arm around Konrad's next and Konrad jump into the draw curling up next to Bradley. Then they proceeded to lick each other affectionately until they both fell asleep. It was an amazingly cute little event. When I woke up in the morning, Noa and Konrad were sleeping by my feet which I always enjoy.

Exciting news to me, my company is moving buildings! I think they are, nothing is in stone. But I got to check the building out this afternoon. It was like an actual office building. It reminded me a lot of my mothers old office building in Lexington when I was a kid so that was exciting to me by itself. The building is brick, it is only five seconds away from where I work now so the drive might actually be shorter for me depending the route I take. The only downside is there are no longer food stores in walking distance but I don't really give a shit. Hopefully there's a walker cooler I can stand around and talk to people as they get water with me.
That's another thing, with this expansion we're expanding our employees. Right now it looks like developers are the only thing being hired since I haven't heard anything about Graphic Designers/Marketers coming in for interviews.
a) I'm excited to see new faces
b) I wouldn't call myself a graphic designer at this point with the small amount of graphic design I do.

I'll enlighten you as to what I do.
I use this program that works in Indesign (a layout program) that basically allows Graphic Designers to merge a data list with it and then output a print file. So basically making mailers are really easy.
I don't even do any designing I get layouts and documents from other companies who already designed their pieces and they send it to me to be tagged and merged with these variables. It's not hard at all. This makes me fear for my job security. But then I'm not really all that scared since I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. Which I think I've said before. Either way, I wouldn't call myself a Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist I don't know what I would call myself. But I'll call myself a Graphic Designer because it's easier that way.

One thing I really enjoy doing is helping people with questions but only through text. So if you have some question for me, I don't want to explain it to you over the phone or in person. I want to write you a explanation. I find it really fun and I do it a lot online in forums and (not recently) on yahoo.answers.com. I do it occasionally at work, but a lot of customers NEED someone telling them each step for some reason. This of course I'm terrible at because I stutter or get too wordy and just end up confusing the both of us. I also can't tell them "I'll write you a detailed step-by-step tutorial of how to run through this site" because I for some reason think it'll reflect badly on my company.

I also don't like getting help on the phone. I would rather customer service respond to me in e-mails or text based. I love text based help.

I'm losing steam and it's 5:00. Also, don't think I wrote from 4:20 to 5:00. Work interrupted my thoughts many times.

New Blogs If You Didn't Know
laneislame.blogspot.com
letmecp.blogspot.com

Also
This made me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. It brightened my day hearing about how your cats had that touching moment :) (not sarcastic just incase it came off liek that)

    ReplyDelete