Friday, September 5, 2008

College: Art Institute of Boston 2006 - Part II

This next little paper was short and I'm sure i didn't put much time into it, just judging by it's length. I think I really like writing these papers because I felt like it was my open opinion on whatever the subject was and it was cool writing something like that for school.

Anyways, this paper is a short one as I just mentioned and I believe it was right after me, Pam and Shannon went to a contemporary art exhibit. It was of course a class assignment. I don't think the three of us really had a burning passion for art that would push us to go to any art exhibit by our own volition.

I'm also not exactly sure when I wrote this, judging by the time I sent it to myself I think it was around April or May 2006.

Well I'll let the paper do the rest. Until next time.

-------------------------------------------

Tom Hoang
Living in motion

Well we went to the Institute of Contemporary Art and look at the "Living in
Motion" exhibit. I have to say it was pretty interesting. Just looking at
all the ways that people can come up with different furniture or clothing or
even housing. I think the one that caught my eye most was the giant aluminum
portable home. It's a simply designed shelter that one could simply set up
where ever they desired (and if the law permitted) them to set up their
little portable home. It didn't look comfortable, but it looks a lot better
then a card board box. Finding the museum was a pretty rough trip as well.
Well it wasn't rough, but I'm glad the others were with me. Probably
wouldn't have gotten there on time, although we were probably 10 minutes
late anyways. The weather is pretty horrible as well. I hate rainy days, it
really effects the mood. Especially when it rains, that's when I'd want a
portable home, if I was homeless anyways. Although I didn't see the home
when it was all compacted, so judging by the size of it I think it'd be a
pretty aweful thing to lug around the city. I'm not sure I could ever really
create those sort of abstract but also I suppose functional items that the
artists did so well. Well many of the items were more practical. Or maybe
I'm looking for the word convienent. Things like a backpack that also is
home to an umbrella just so you have free hands to do things like what? Hold
you're Mcdonalds. I guess the exhibit was very interesting, but maybe it was
for the lazy as well. America's obese as it is, we don't need to make life
easy for us. But I guess many of the artists weren't from America. But then
a lot of the furniture look heavy, maybe we'll get a work out lifting it
around. Well although the art was interesting and fun to look at, maybe we
should look around first, see if it best for the society. But on the other
hand, i haven't seen a multiposition chair in any homes. That's what I
think.

No comments:

Post a Comment