Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scrubbing pans & tattoos

Getting down to it, Doe and myself went to make grilled cheese sandwiches just tonight. For some reason we burned the first one and the second one that I made myself just turned out to be soggy and falling apart every way you could imagine. I told Doe I'd take care of the dishes and I did.

For an hour and a half I scrubbed two bread sized burns off of a pan. I didn't know it took that long and I didn't really mind. I thought about a lot while I scrubbed those dishes. I thought about telling my kids to do dishes and how it would make them better people. But I don't know if that's true at all. My parents never made me do dishes like I did tonight. It was strangely satisfying scrubbing this pan clean, although I fear I scrubbed too hard in some areas because I could see clear differences in the pans surface when i held it to the light. I got most of it off though, and I didn't think I was going to.


Random Thought
I recently discovered that one of my kittens, Noah is actually Noa (the kitten in my profile picture). The one letter difference meaning that he is actually a she. I realized when Conrad, the other kitten was laying on his back pleading for a belly rub. I saw Conrad had a pair of male junk. Unintentionally, I noticed Noa did not. I let this thought slip away from the top of priority list and went on my day. Later that night, after dinner, lifting and picking up Doe, I asked Doe if Noa had any balls. She picked her up and checked it out and was a bit shocked/excited.

We just assumed Noa was a boy because the family we adopted them from said she was. And I don't go checking the status of my cats junk so it took about three months for us to realize.

Tattoos
I've been thinking a lot about getting a tattoo. Well I guess I've been thinking about it for the past 6 years of my life. I'm too unsure about everything so it's taken this long to decide. But don't be fooled, I'm not fully decided. Either way, the main theme of my skin art will most likely be Asian. I'm thinking about half or quarter sleeves on each arm. I've always been really fond of a full arm of tattoos. I want my tattoos to mean something and I don't want that meaning to fade away after 20 years leaving regret and bad memories on my skin. Although 20 years from now I'm sure they'll be safe and easy ways of removing skin. Or just the tattoos.

My idea for my potential tattoos lies heavily on my Chinese heritage. I'm thinking about getting the dragon and the tiger (ying and yang) on each of my forearms, probably on the area closer to my inner elbow. I've always loved the asian art style and I guess I'd like to represent that.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Ideally I want to take inspiration from these styles and make them into my own drawings. I'm not sure if I have the ability to draw a great tiger or dragon, but I'm going to try. Don't worry though, I'm not going to put embarrassingly bad artwork onto my body.

I guess it's 1:30am and I should be in bed. Sleeping.

Until the next time I decide to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment