Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nightmare

I had another pretty frightening dream.

This one was more realistic which I guess makes it scarier. Basically in my dream China had declared War on the US. Throughout the dream I somehow knew this was case, but I guess no one else knew.

I distinctly remember the dream starting where I was in some place that wasn't home. My mother called and told me she needed to go to China because her mother was sick and needed to be taken care of and she was going to take my sister with her. I guess I shrugged it off as it wasn't a big deal to me. I realized moments later China had declared war on the U.S.A. and my mother and sister had been taken by government officials and sent to an internment camp for the duration of the war. I realized my main concern was not being captured by my own country and that came first over finding where my mother and sister were.

So for some reason I ran through the streets to get back home. I'm not sure where my car was and I was actually running to my old house for some reason. As I ran through the streets I encountered two black people who were overtly offering shelter and protection for any Asian-Americans. I jogged by and denied their help because they charged $100 dollars a night and I simply did not have the money. In my dream their shelter was right on the grassy part of the bend in the road right in front of the North Intermediate. I continued down the road and as I jogged across the bridge that overlooked the highway, Law Enforcement vehicles raced by pulling over cars that apparently Asians. I remember my hair being my main form of defense. The reason being it was so long that it hung over my eyes and I hid behind my hair so people wouldn't realize I was Asian. I'm not sure how or why in my dream it worked.

Next I got to the industrial part area right before I get to my old house and I remember cutting through a couple buildings. These buildings were dark and TVs were on playing CNN or some other kind of news broadcast. I remember walking through rooms with papers and tables all over the place. On the TV there were political debates about how the Asian people were being put in internment camps. I heard one debater say something alone the lines "We invite them into our country and we show them how much we trust them by throwing them in prisons." I ran into that building twice as I remember.

From here I can't remember much else, I think it's because I woke up. Have you ever been sort of conscious but still sleeping and you're thinking "was that real?" Well, I was in this limbo for quite sometime I felt. At one point I was relieved to know it was just a dream but then I felt really scared it was real.

I wish I knew what spawned this dream and what somethings mean!
But I who doesn't wish they knew all these answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment