Monday, November 3, 2008

Late Night

This weekend was pretty good despite the lack of moving that happened, but to me it was awesome.

Saturday I sat on my bed, played Street Fighter a bit and watched a lot of 30 Rock. Also, during these activities my cats would be sleeping on my lap and I can't tell anyone how much I enjoy it. It's also very warm. Even now Noa and Konrad are on my lap sleeping. Konrad is purring and he randomly sprawls out and stretches during his sleep putting his paws on my stomach and pushing. It's nice. Bradley, unfortunately, sleeps separate from me and the younger ones. I'd like to say it's because of jealousy, but I'd fear that's crazy cat lady talk. He does still randomly curl up on my lap when the other two are around and he'll nap for a bit, but that's very rare. More often he'll curl up with Konrad which is always a cute sight.

Saturday night after five Doe came home and we hung out for a bit and had dinner. I dropped her off at the train station and she went off into Boston to hang out with her friend for the night and some of Sunday. I went to The Basement and played more Street Fighter and watched more 30 Rock. Repeat that until five and that was my night. I woke up, played more Street Fighter and got Doe from the train station and ate with her again. We went home, watched more 30 Rock, getting her caught up to where I am, then we watched King of Kong, watched more 30 Rock then I played a bit more Street Fighter. That brings us up to here, where I blog with Cats sleeping on me.

Anyways, I can't saw how much I enjoy 30 Rock. So I'm not going to try.

Street Fighter was as fun and frustrating as always. I'm more conscious of my yelling but nothing prevents my from getting mad yet.

I don't know why I think about this, but some people may say I had a boring, life wasted weekend. I debate I think about this because I think this or because I think other people think it about me, which I'm 100% positive there are. I'm not really feeling that I wasted another weekend or that I'm in any sort of denial. To me it was a fun weekend with friends and activities that I find really fun and worthy of my time. I didn't run a decathlon, go skydiving or discover new lands, but who's to say I really want to? well, I guess I wouldn't mind traveling, but the point is I value the time I spent in the activities I participated in. Some consider it embarrassing but that's because they have different views then myself. Obviously. I don't know why I think about other people's opinions so much. I guess it's because I feel like people are looking down at me. No one likes that feeling. I just don't like people looking down at me for doing things I like. Now, I know I'm being a hypocrite again. I know I sometimes look down at people for enjoying things they like. But I've never looked this far into it until now and I've never looked this far into my activities until now. (well I probably have, but never have really thought about it).

Lets take drinking as an example. I do look down at people who drink. But not all people. It's mainly people I dislike. I have plenty of friend's who drink and I could careless that they drink. I feel like I'm not explaining this right and I'm going to stop trying because I can't think of how to salvage it. But I'll leave the broken though here for those who might understand.

Basically I understand there are opinions about what people should do in life to make it all seem worth while. I just want to do what I feel is worth while to me without feeling like people are looking at me like I'm some sort of idiot or loser. Taking King of Kong, for instance, you have Steve Wiebe(wee-bee) who plays Donkey Kong breaking world records and investing countless hours into an arcade game. There are people out in the world who think he's a guy who just lost countless hours of his life to that machine, but then there are people like me who admire him and wish I was in that sort of position where I'm recognized for something like that in the gaming community. Specifically, Street Fighter, not so much Donkey Kong. I actually never cared for that game and still don't even after the documentary.

I'm not sure why I like Street Fighter so much, but something about it has me thinking about it more then I should think about it and it has me coming back to play it everyday.

I guess in the end I need to stop worry about the opinions of others as they are ultimately useless to me and in the big picture. I should just try to enjoy the choices I make, the time I spend, the music I listen to or whatever and just ignore any hateful or negative insight that comes my way.

It's probably better if everyone minded their own business and did what they thought was right. Except murder, because I think it's generally agreed that cold-blooded murder is a wastes of time, socially unacceptable and usually crazy. But, there is no absolute answer to that REALLY being bad.

There's just so many ways to look at everything that I don't know why everyone isn't as indecisive or indifferent as I feel I am. But I guess I'm not really that indifferent to somethings, but I really do wish I was indifferent about everything. I'd seem more open-minded and generally annoying to talk to, either being neither too good or too bad.

I could stream of consciousness all night so I'll stop it here.

Also: Street Fighter blog here I started so for anyone who doesn't care to read it doesn't have it. I want to have multiple authors on that blog, so tell me your e-mail address and I'll put you on the authors list!

No comments:

Post a Comment