Thursday, February 19, 2009

Three Weeks Later

Things have sure smoothed out in the past week or two.

My mother is no longer upset with me (or so it seems) but she seems to be upset with Doe. But Doe is also holding some sort of grudge too, so that's okay.

I visited my mother to get my bed a couple Sunday ago like I wrote about. I did and it was okay. Thankfully again, Lane was there to help me out. I don't show my appreciation for our friendship enough. I know I would do the same for Lane or any of my close friends.

Anyways, my mother didn't really speak to us the whole time we were getting the bed, but as we were leaving she said that I can always come back if I need to and basically telling me she still cared and was looking out for my well being.

Well, I went back the next weekend to pick up some mail and it was awkward as hell. I felt like she and I were sort of strangers. I picked up my mail, said hi and it just got silent and awkward. So I left and told her I'd see her later. I wish it wasn't like that but oh well. A lot of people like Doe's father for instance say things like "send her a card for valentines day" or "call her up and tell her you love her" things that are foreign to my family. As i grew up there was no forgiveness or resolving issues, it was only a conflict, than nothing. We pretended like nothing happened. Sort of. Obviously, it's hard to pretend this past incident didn't happen. What I'm saying is, people don't understand my situation. I'm not saying it's the worst situation, I'm just saying it's not solved so easily with the ways your family might deal with it.

Also, about the valentines things, why do families celebrate valentines day? Being in Doe's house this year for V-day, I was giving a box of chocolates from her family. I thought it was weird, even Doe had given her family cards. To me Valentines Day is just something for a couple or a whatever. Well, I guess to a guy who doesn't really even care about Christmas; why should I give a shit about Valentines day?

I should work.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my family is the same way. To say something like I loved you would be awkward as hell. It's more like a silent tolerance of one another. All that is done is fighting... then acting so to speak like it never happened. But not lovey dovey like in the movies.. just we would go on doing a chore or something like that. In most cases it's just leaving rooms after fighting and back to not speaking.

    And I don't get the Valentines day thing either. For me it's ran by whether my mom will scream about it or not. So I came to found out my sister bought a card for her and labeled it from me. I was just like ummm okie-dokie.

    ReplyDelete